Providing CFO services and Business Transition Services in the Carolinas
Charlotte, NC CFO
28 Years of Experience
Queens University, Charlotte, NC
Pfeiffer University, Charlotte, NC
Certificates & Licenses:
BS-Business 1986, MBA 1992, CPA - NC
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), North Carolina Association of CPAs (NCACPA), Financial Executives Networking Group (FENG)
Contact Andrew Tucker and receive a free Discovery Analysis™
- A confidential meeting with the business owner(s), then interview company staff.
- Look at the company’s financial information and computer systems.
- Benchmark financial information against industry averages.
- Create a confidential report of our findings in The Strategy Gameplan™
Andrew has worked for more than 25 years in finance and accounting with experience in manufacturing, distribution / wholesale, real estate, government and not-for-profit industries. A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed in North Carolina and a Chartered Global Management Accountant, he is a versatile and experienced manager with excellent communication, organizational & interpersonal skills. Andrew has made a point of learning and understanding the business side of the organization he works in so he can provide better service and advice to management.
A core philosophy: cash flow management is critical - you can run a business without a profit but cannot operate for long without cash!
A summary of his qualifications includes:
- Accounting & Finance including financial statements, management reporting, budgeting and forecasting, job and project cost accounting, general ledger and cash flow analysis, international accounting, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, credit, collections & receivables management and banking, customer and vendor relations
- Computer skills in networks and PC applications, including Microsoft Office, accounting (QuickBooks Pro, Great Plains/Microsoft Dynamics, Lawson) & industry specific software
- Operational expertise with multiple locations, workflows, policies & procedures and strategic planning with exposure to planned maintenance and renovations
- Management & leadership abilities with experience from hiring to performance reviews to terminations including benefits administration
Core competencies and expertise includes:
- Profit & Loss Responsibility
- Inventory & Inventory Control
- Budgeting, Forecasting & Cash Flow Optimization
- Cost Reduction & Avoidance
- Productivity & Efficiency Improvement
- Team Building & Training
- Policy / Procedure Development
- Information Systems & Technology
- Financial & Contract Negotiations
- Relationship Management
- International / Foreign subsidiary accounting
- Risk Management
Some career accomplishments include:
- Assisted three clients in setting up and starting their businesses
- Discovered a $750K (approx.) payroll embezzlement scheme that resulted in prosecution
- Identified more than $140K in revenue posted in error and unrecorded assets while working a contract accounting job
- Suggested name for new Children’s Museum that was focus group tested and adopted
Andrew has a strong desire to utilize his skills, experience and work ethic to benefit other organizations. He has a service oriented approach, consultative approach and positive attitude which coupled with a willingness to learn would contribute toward the success and future growth of your company.
Andrew holds a Bachelor of Science in Business from Pfeiffer University and an M.B.A. from Queens University, both in Charlotte, N.C.. In addition, Andrew has a Certificate in Non-Profit Management from Duke University and is a graduate of the Leadership program sponsored by the York County, S.C. Chamber of Commerce. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He is former treasurer of the Lancaster County (S.C.) Library Board, former treasurer of the Homelite Employee’s Credit Union, former member of the Finance Committee of the Children & Family Services Association of N.C. and former member of the finance committee of the BridgeHampton neighborhood in Charlotte, N.C..
He enjoys reading, music and classic movies. Originally from Asheville, North Carolina, Andrew lived many places while growing up in a military family. He currently lives in Charlotte, N.C. and has an adult daughter who lives in Charlotte.