Providing CFO services and Business Transition Services in the Carolinas
Winston-Salem, NC CFO
28 Years of Experience
Virginia Polytechnic & State University (Virginia Tech)
Certificates & Licenses:
B.S. Accounting / Accounting Information Systems
C.P.A. North Carolina
The Financial Executives Networking Group (FENG)
Contact Jeanette Sullivan and receive a free Discovery Analysis™
- A confidential meeting with the business owner(s), then interview company staff.
- Look at the company’s financial information and computer systems.
- Benchmark financial information against industry averages.
- Create a confidential report of our findings in The Strategy Gameplan™
Jeanette Sullivan, C.P.A. holds an MBA from Duke University's Fuqua School of Business. Her broad and diversified career, which includes executive level financial management and IT experience, is complemented by high energy, a positive can do attitude, and a genuine enthusiasm for helping her clients succeed. She has the ability to provide exceptional guidance and support in accounting, finance, treasury, organizational management, and international matters and can assist privately-held business owners and managers with on-site chief financial officer services on an as needed basis.
Throughout her 25 year career, Jeanette has helped companies grow, improve profitability, increase cash flow, and manage dramatic changes. She has extensive experience in family owned, private equity-backed and publicly held companies in the following industries:
- Financial services -- branch banking, investment banking, commercial banking, card services
- Textile manufacturing -- hosiery, yarns, woven, carpet
- Asset management
- Furniture manufacturing
- Multi-location retail -- grocery, apparel, housewares, office products
- Pulp and paper
- Chemical manufacturing
Jeanette's strengths include the ability to plan and execute both strategically and operationally, effectively manage change, identify future business opportunities, apply strong analytical and problem solving techniques, and enhance business processes. She prides herself on being able to effectively develop, summarize and communicate financial information to non-financial managers. Some areas of expertise include:
- Strategic planning
- Budget and planning
- Cash forecasting and cash flow improvement
- Acquisition integration
- International structuring, reporting and compliance
- Operational and financial analysis
- Cost reduction and restructuring
- Staff hiring and development
- Compliance and internal control process development and assessment
- System selection, implementation, and modification
- Management of external relationships -- auditor, tax, legal, investment bank, commercial bank, and bookkeeper
Experience and Key Achievements
Most recently, Jeanette was CFO of an alternative investment asset manager with managed assets of $2.2 billion US. She restructured the accounting and finance functions, recruited new team members, enhanced current IT support systems, and developed operating goals and guidelines to promote efficient and timely performance. Additionally, she incorporated acquisitions of approximately $800 million spanning 5 new countries. Jeanette also established custodial services, central administrative services, domiciliary services and daily operating procedures for a Luxembourg regulated (CSSF) fund. Both domestically and internationally, Jeanette managed quarterly investor reporting, financial reporting, financial and statutory audits, NAV and return calculations, VAT reporting, tax reporting, cash flow and management, currency exchange and management, back office service providers, tax advisors and bookkeepers. Because of the wide range of countries involved, Jeanette paid particular attention to ensure tax and legal compliance with regulations for the 95 entities in all the invested countries, including US, Brazil, Estonia, Guatemala, Hungary, Luxembourg, South Africa, Romania, Latvia, Paraguay, Uruguay, and Austria.
Over the course of 10+ years spent as a consultant, Jeanette provided her clients with IT implementation services, dispute analysis and investigative services, bankruptcy services, and insurance claims services. Significant projects include:
- Acted as CFO of a financially troubled furniture manufacturer. By right sizing production operations (including cost standards), reorganizing accounting operations and negotiating with the secured lender, unsecured creditors, and bankruptcy trustee, the secured debt facility of $15 million was eliminated.
- Analyzed accounting records, external audit work papers, and accounting guidance in support of and to prepare an expert report, resulting in the reduction of the shareholder lawsuit claim against the external auditors from $600M to the court award of $50K.
- Represented a top three US Bank in assessing, preparing, and submitting property damage and business interruption insurance claim for the events of September 11, 2001, resulting in the increase in the financial recovery by over $70M.
- Arbitrated merger/acquisition disputes between two companies, where operations, cash management, accounting guidance, or net working capital were in dispute. Net awarded decisions ranged from several hundred thousand to ten million US dollars.
Jeanette has a B.S. in Accounting/Accounting Information Systems from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech) and an MBA from Duke University. She is a licensed CPA in North Carolina, as well as a Certified Global Management Accountant (CGMA).