Providing CFO services and Business Transition Services in Asheville and the surrounding areas
Mark S Goldstein
Asheville, NC CFO
44 Years of Experience
University of Illinois
Certificates & Licenses:
BS Accounting '72; CPA (Illinois) '73
American Institute of CPA's; Asheville Jewish Business Forum
Contact Mark Goldstein and receive a free Discovery Analysis™
- A confidential meeting with the business owner(s), then interview company staff.
- Look at the company’s financial information and computer systems.
- Benchmark financial information against industry averages.
- Create a confidential report of our findings in The Strategy Gameplan™
Mark is a highly qualified Chief Financial Officer offering over 40 years of accomplished financial management, accounting and tax expertise including many years of operational experience. After obtaining a B.S. Degree in Accounting from the University of Illinois and his CPA certification, he began his professional career with a large national public accounting firm in their Chicago office. After a few years, Mark became the Controller of a client, a very small entrepreneurial company owned by two brothers and a sister. During his tenure, the company became one of the largest privately held companies in the United States. Mark served in many financial and operational roles for almost 15-years and ultimately became the President and Chief Operating Officer.
During Mark's career he has developed concentrated experience in structuring, organizing and implementing complex financial transactions including arranging debt and equity financing, recapitalizations and liquidations. He is proficient in negotiating acquisitions and dispositions as well as performing strategic planning.
His operational experience includes having served as a Senior Vice President and the head of a Division for a $15 billion Fortune 500 company. Under his leadership he managed a staff of over 125 people who were responsible for producing gross sales revenue in excess of $800 million and over $130 million in operating profits with an overall margin of 25% over a four-year period.
Mark's extensive and varied background has given him the tools necessary to work with businesses large and small. Highlights of his career included the:
- Restructuring of indebtedness and negotiating a Development Agreement with a local municipal authority to allow for the conversion of a 144-unit real estate project in the Chicago O'Hare area into condominium units that generated over $14 million in sales allowing for the repayment of over $7 million of debt that was in default and returned over $5 million to the owner.
- Development of a financial model and criteria for a small company to predict their financial opportunities, costs, and other factors. The model data was incorporated into timely monthly financial reporting and produced a three year consolidated cash flow projection that included all operating companies and projects.
- Serving as the temporary COO of a national franchise company where Mark reorganized the financial and administrative operations of the company. After successfully obtaining lender and ownership approval he was able to negotiate and manage the work-out of $45 million of indebtedness and ultimately the turnover of the company to the lender, resulting in the debt being satisfied and a return of $3 million being provided to ownership.
Mark currently lives with his wife, Robin, in Asheville, North Carolina and are the proud parents of two children with three grandchildren. He is currently a member of the American Institute of CPA's and the Asheville Jewish Business Forum. In his free time, Mark enjoys playing the piano, exploring his new home of Asheville and spending time with his grandchildren.