About Kathleen Lopiano
Kathy is a financial executive with 25 years’ experience and has delivered significant value for organizations in terms of both financial and operational success. She has extensive experience with family owned, private equity-backed and publicly held corporations and partnerships primarily ranging from $35 million to over $700 million in revenues. She has successfully lead teams through significant periods of growth and improved profitability through the following efforts:
- Strategic Plans including making difficult capital allocation decisions
- Sales growth via product expansions, market expansion (US and International), and organic incentive programs
- Rationalizing customers/products/segments by analyzing fully loaded costing and designing pathways to improvement or exit for unprofitable relationships
- Systems implementations including ERP, Payroll, T&E, and Customer Profitability
- Working capital management programs focused on improving the cash collection cycle and gross margins
- Cash Forecasting and cash flow improvement programs
- US and International tax and treasury planning
- Management of health care costs and related programs to benefit employees
- Building effective finance organizations which balance operational discipline with a cost effective control environment
- Building financial reporting infrastructure including Board and management committee packages focused on operating performance, cash flow/position, leverage/debt compliance, inventory management, and quality
Kathy has completed more than a dozen acquisition/divestiture transactions including negotiation, financing and post-merger integration. Through this experience she has developed a disciplined approach to help management teams evaluate opportunities based on both financial modeling and strategic goals. In the last 10 years, she has completed divestiture, acquisition and startup operations across the U.S., Europe, Canada, and Asia.
Through decades of acquisition and financing transactions and prior experience working in an investment bank, Kathy has developed a wide network of banking, credit, tax and legal contacts. This extensive experience affords her the ability to bring a broad array of solutions to the table and to be a strong negotiator on behalf of clients.
Kathy spent the first ten years of her career at Ernst & Young LLP and then later served in various companies as a Controller and CFO. In her 25 years’ experience, Kathy’s diverse industry background includes: retail (apparel, sports, automotive, discount), manufacturing and distribution (pharmaceutical, medical device, automotive parts, pulp and paper, and textiles), and financial services.
Born and raised in New Jersey, Kathy has been in NC for more than 20 years and currently resides in Raleigh, NC with her husband and two children. She earned her B.S. in Accounting at Belmont Abbey College and her M.B.A. from Wake Forest University and is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) since 1991.
- Belmont Abbey College
- Wake Forest University
Certificates & Licenses:
- Certified Public Accountant