About Paul Evangelist
Paul is an exceptionally successful and effective CFO with over 30 years of experience. He is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA), and is a certified Six Sigma Green Belt. He has experience in starting new office locations and managing growth while maintaining financial and operational control over the business. He has excellent skills in managing people and has led two inventory Six Sigma projects that have saved the company over $1.2 million. He initiated a recent cost segregation study that provided $1.5 million of first year benefits.
Paul provides financial and operational leadership with experience specializing in financial analysis, establishing and maintaining internal accounting controls, including cash flow analysis, financial planning and reporting while delivering financial modeling. Background includes real estate, manufacturing, service, and construction, as well as non-profits.
Proven in all phases of staff management and training, problem solving, setting priorities, streamlining operations and initiatives with keen knowledge of federal and state laws/regulations. Skillful in the application of accounting best practices and excels with the ability to work with a wide range of professionals within and outside the organization. Establishes and implements strategic business plans and is proficient in identifying and performing independent assessment of financial risk, as well as creating and monitoring mitigation plans.
Paul has completed numerous management classes and seminars and is a continuous learner. As a former Army officer and helicopter pilot, Paul has developed solid leadership skills and can react appropriately to situations involving risk.
Areas of expertise include:
- Leadership: Achieved 30 years of progressive senior management accounting, auditing, and controller experience with planning, orchestrating, and delivering strategic tactical solutions and known for streamlining operations and automating processes. An additional ten years of leadership skills honed while attending The Citadel and as an Army Officer with the New Jersey National Guard.
- Savings: Executed Nova’s first year tax savings via cost segregation study of $1.5M and negotiated annual savings of property insurance, health insurance, and renegotiated mortgages.
- Scope & Budgets: Reconciled differences between actual and budget amounts for seven locations. Automated budget process to provide more accurate information. Assisted department managers with preparation of annual budgets and weekly estimates.
- Project Planning: Analyzed capital spending projects, formulated Return on Investment (ROI) and payback period.
- Audits: Automated financial reporting process and streamlined audit program procedures resulting in an average 12% reduction in hours for each client served. Developed in-depth review and testing procedures for the auditing of internal accounting control systems. Planned, performed and supervised audits of small to medium size companies.
- Non-technical Skills: Strong work ethic; excellent analytical abilities, takes ownership, robust problem-solving methods. Achieved team-level collaboration and earned trust with many program solutions.
Paul is a graduate of The Citadel, located in Charleston, SC and has lived in the Charleston area for 25 years. He has served as president for the local CPA chapter and Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) chapter as well as served on the board of a local Montessori school during the planning stages and first year of operation and led ministry programs at his church.
In his spare time, he appreciates family time, traveling, and outdoor activities, including beach time and long walks to include the Cooper River Bridge, and enjoys watching hockey and college football.
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina
Certificates & Licenses:
Certified Public Accountant
Certified Global Management Accountant
American Institute Of Certified Public Accountants
South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
Coastal Chapter of the South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
Charleston CFO Council
Financial Executives Networking Group